The City of Ingleside encourages all residents, commercial and industrial water users to be water-wise year round to help make the most of our limited water resources. If everyone saves a little, we can save a lot.
Ways to conserve our precious water and make every drop count:
- Turn off all water in the house, then check the flow indicator on your Water meter. If it is moving, you may have a water leak.
- Take shorter showers or take a bath in a partially filled tub.
- Turn the water faucet off while shaving and brushing your teeth.
- Do not let the faucet run while you clean vegetables or fruit.
- When washing dishes, do not leave the water running for rinsing.
- Use your automatic dishwasher for full loads, not partially empty.
- Keep a bottle or jug of drinking water in the refrigerator.
- Water your lawn only when it needs it.
- Water you plants, foundation and yard during the coolest part of the day.
- Do not water your porch, sidewalk or driveway.
- Do not run the water when you wash the car.
- Landscape your yard with plants that require very little or no water.
- Check for leaks in pipes, hoses, faucets and couplings.