Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the Ingleside Police Department located?

The address is 2425 8th Street and is located just off Main Street (FM 1069) approaching Kiewit.

View Map

How do I get a copy of an accident or offense report?

You may obtain a copy of an accident or offense report at the Ingleside Police Department or by writing to the Ingleside Police Department Records Department at P.O. Drawer 910, Ingleside, TX 78362.
Click here to download a Public Records Request From.

A: The Central Records Department is open Monday-Friday from 8 am to 3 pm. You can contact the Central Records Department at 361-776-2531 or email  It is best to allow 5-7 days to allow for processing.

Can the Police open my car if I have locked my keys inside?

Due to the risk of damage to the vehicle, the Ingleside Police Department does not unlock vehicles. If other circumstances exist, such as a young child locked in the vehicle, an Officer will be sent to assist in any way possible. Contacting a locksmith is your best alternative in most cases.

Why do you ask so many questions when I call the Police?

Receiving dispatchers are trained to obtain as much information as possible to determine the nature of the problem, and its seriousness.  This information is necessary for the safety of the responding officers, as well as the general public.

Who do I contact for animal related problems?

The City of Ingleside has Animal Control Officers who under the jurisdiction of the Ingleside Police Department.  Animal Control calls for service are handled by calling the Ingleside Police Department Non-Emergency number at 361-776-2531.

What is your policy on Racial Profiling?

Peace officers of the City of Ingleside are strictly prohibited from engaging in racial profiling.  Click here to view our Prohibition of Racial Profiling Policy.