Order of General Election Postponement
General Election Postponement
Due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus outbreak, the City of Ingleside, Texas, has postponed the General Election in 2020 as stated in the Official order above. The dated information below on this page contains official information released before the Postponement Order. The City of Ingleside will adjust all the election information as it becomes available in accordance with Texas State Law.
Notice of General Election for the City of Ingleside.
The City of Ingleside, Texas, will hold a General Election in 2020 The dated information below refers to the City of Ingleside Election for 2020.
Election Day for the City Of Ingleside in 2020 is May 2.
Early voting for the City Of Ingleside in 2020 takes place April 20 through April 28.
Request For Ballot By Mail
You can request a ballot by mail for the City of Ingleside election.
Sample Ballot For The City Of Ingleside
View a Sample Ballot for the City of Ingleside 2020 Election.
The City of Ingleside Sample Ballot will be posted as it becomes available in accordance with Texas Election Laws.
The Polling Location information will be posted as it becomes available in accordance with Texas Election Laws.
General Election Information
The General Election of Council Members/Mayor whose terms are expiring is scheduled for the first Saturday in May of each year. All elections are held in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas Election Code and in accordance with the City Charter of the City of Ingleside and Ordinance or Resolution adopted by the Council for the conduct of elections. The City Secretary’s Office, as the City’s designated Administrator of Elections, coordinates all City Elections in accordance with the City Charter and Texas Election Code. A calendar of election events for the annual general election elections will be posted on our site as it is available each year; with Candidate Packets available just prior to the beginning of the filing period. Qualifications for Mayor & Council candidates, Voter Registration Forms, and polling location can be viewed online as information becomes available. All special election calendar of events will be posted on our site when applicable.
Qualifications for Mayor & Council Candidates:
- At least 21 years of age.
- A citizen & qualified voter of the State of Texas & the City of Ingleside.
- Shall have resided within the City for at least 12 months immediately prior to the election.
- Neither the Mayor nor any member of the Council shall hold any other office or employment under City Government while a member of the Council nor hold any other paid employment under City Government within two (2) years thereafter unless such employment be an elective office.
- The Mayor and Members of the City Council shall be elected at-large. Such term for Council Members shall be on a two year staggered basis and the Mayor shall also serve for a term of two years. The Mayor and each Council Member shall receive compensation at a rate of twenty-five ($25.00) dollars per meeting with a maximum of fifty ($50.00) dollars per month.
Letter To The Candidates
There is a letter produced by the City Secretary with essential information for anyone planning on running for office in the City Of Ingleside.
Deadline Of File Applications For Place On The Ballot
The first day to file this application is January 15, 2020. There is no filing fee. Applications must be received in my office no later than 5:00 p.m. on February 14, 2019. Candidates who wish to run as write-in candidates must file a declaration in order to do so no later than 5:00 p.m. on February 18, 2020.
Notice For Drawing For Place On Ballot
The Notice of this drawing will be posted as it becomes available in accordance with Texas Election Laws. At that time, the following links will be activated to display the Notice.
Office: (361) 776-2517
2671 San Angelo St., Ingleside, TX 78362
P.O. Drawer 400, Ingleside, TX 78362