Deadline To File To Be On The Ballot
If you would like to run for an elected office in the City of Ingleside in 2021, it is important that you file between the dates of January 13, 2021 and February 12, 2021. If you wish to file to run for office, read the official Notice Of Deadline To File An Application For Place On The Ballot by clicking the link below.
Application For A Place On The City Of Ingleside General Election Ballot
The Application For A Place On The City Of Ingleside General Election Ballot may be turned in to the City Secretary’s Office between the dates of January 13, 2021 and February 12, 2021.
Letter To The Candidates
There is a letter produced by the City Secretary with essential information for anyone planning on running for office in the City Of Ingleside.
Notice For Drawing For Place On Ballot
The Notice For Drawing For Place On The Ballot for 2021. The drawing to determine the order of the names of candidates to be printed on the ballot for the May 1 election will take place on February 26, 2021. Read the Official Notice For Drawing For Place On The Ballot for 2021 by clicking the link below.
Notice Of General Election For The City of Ingleside on May 1, 2021
The City of Ingleside, Texas, will hold a General Election on May 1, 2021. Read the Official Notice of General Election for the City of Ingleside on May 1, 2020 by clicking the link below.
Election Calendar And Polling Location For The City of Ingleside
The 2021 Election Calendar for the City of Ingleside, to include Early Voting Schedule & Polling Location and Election Day Voting Schedule & Polling Location is available by clicking the link below.
Current Office Holders
View the Current Office Holders For The City Of Ingleside by clicking the link below.
Sample Ballot For The City Of Ingleside
A Sample Ballot for the 2021 Ingleside Election is available by clicking the link below.
General Election Information
The General Election of Council Members/Mayor whose terms are expiring is scheduled for the first Saturday in May of each year. All elections are held in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas Election Code and in accordance with the City Charter of the City of Ingleside and Ordinance or Resolution adopted by the Council for the conduct of elections. The City Secretary’s Office, as the City’s designated Administrator of Elections, coordinates all City Elections in accordance with the City Charter and Texas Election Code. A calendar of election events for the annual general election elections will be posted on our site as it is available each year; with Candidate Packets available just prior to the beginning of the filing period. Qualifications for Mayor & Council candidates, Voter Registration Forms, and polling location can be viewed online as information becomes available. All special election calendar of events will be posted on our site when applicable.
Qualifications for Mayor & Council Candidates
- At least 21 years of age.
- A citizen & qualified voter of the State of Texas & the City of Ingleside.
- Shall have resided within the City for at least 12 months immediately prior to the election.
- Neither the Mayor nor any member of the Council shall hold any other office or employment under City Government while a member of the Council nor hold any other paid employment under City Government within two (2) years thereafter unless such employment be an elective office.
- The Mayor and Members of the City Council shall be elected at-large. Such term for Council Members shall be on a two year staggered basis and the Mayor shall also serve for a term of two years. The Mayor and each Council Member shall receive compensation at a rate of twenty-five ($25.00) dollars per meeting with a maximum of fifty ($50.00) dollars per month.
City Secretary, City of Ingleside
Office: (361) 776-2517
Location: City Hall, 2671 San Angelo St., Ingleside, TX 78362
Mailing: P.O. Drawer 400, Ingleside, TX 78362