Small Business Development
The City of Ingleside’s Economic Development Department daily offers support and assistance to aspiring businesses. Ingleside’s small businesses are the common thread that binds our community. We work with multiple agencies, at the federal, state, regional and local levels that comprise our “small business toolkit of resources” which remains at the ready for those wishing to explore starting a business.
Materials and information on the programs listed below are available at our office at City Hall at:
2671 San Angelo Street
Ingleside, TX 78362
Call the City Manager’s Department at 361-776-2517 to discuss and/or make an appointment for free information and counseling on how to get started.
Del Mar College Small Business Development Center
The Del Mar College Small Business Development Center (SBDC) works with existing and startup small businesses to help them grow and compete in today’s global economy. SBDC’ s are available to provide assistance during every phase of the business life cycle. The improvements that result from our direct support of our client’s activities lead to job creation, investments, and economic growth for communities throughout South Texas. Also, to schedule an appointment, please call 361-698-1021 for more information.
For more information, visit Del Mar College Small Business Development Center's website.
SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” is a nonprofit association dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth, and success of small businesses nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration. To schedule an appointment with a SCORE counselor, contact the City of Ingleside Department of Economic Development at 361-776-2517. You can email the local office.
For more information, visit SCORE's website.
LiftFund, formerly known as Accion Texas, is a statewide non-profit organization that helps those with less than perfect credit make their business dreams a reality.
Visit LiftFund's website or call 888-215-2373 for more information.
Other Helpful Small Business Links
- Comprehensive Guide To Starting A Business - A great resource for helping you plan a successful business is on this page from WorkCompLab, a website specializing in education on workers' comp insurance.
- Applications and Permits - Potential business start-ups can determine necessary licenses, permits, certifications, registrations, and/or authorizations for a specific business in the City of Ingleside.
- Texas - Wide Open For Business - The Small Business Section of the Texas, Wide Open For Business Website is a great resource for both start-ups and mature businesses. Texas, Wide Open For Business has a large variety of information to help start, grow, and maintain your business.
- Texas Business And Industry Data - Individuals can research business trends in Texas by Population, employment, business trends and other popular topics that can assist businesses.
- Texas Comptroller - State Tax Information Section of the Texas Comptroller's Website has information to help businesses and individuals with the tax rules and procedures of Texas.
- Texas Secretary of State - The Business Filings and Corporations Section of the Texas Secretary of State's Website has information on selecting a business structure, business start-ups, non-profit organizations, and Trademarks. There is also information on Texas business law, required filings, forms and much more to assist any business.
- U.S. Small Business Administration - The U.S. Small Business Administration provides helpful insights into starting a business and business planning. They can assist you with information that identifies your goals, and provide basic components for new and existing businesses.