Parks & Events Coordinator
Date Posted: 01/15/2016
Close Date: Open Until Filled
Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm, some evenings and weekends
Reports To: Parks/Facility Maintenance Director
Summary: Work involves a variety of duties related to Parks & Recreation event coordinating and planning: schedules appointments with the general public and other staff; compiles and maintains records; perform various tasks regarding special projects; provides professional, effective and efficient service assistance to public. Under moderate supervision with extensive latitude and with the use of initiative and independent judgment this position: plans, develops and coordinates special events; manages special programs; directs and oversees volunteer activities within the city parks system.
Examples of Work
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervises all staff at Humble Center, Skate Park, Senior Center, and Pool.
- Speaks to local business on behalf of the Senior Center to generate donations for various events and activities.
- Reviews inspection reports and payment requests of building appliances for the purpose of ensuring that work is completed within specifications, budget allowances, and conforms to local and state regulations.
- Ensures all building equipment and appliance records are kept updated.
- Coordinates with public works on all parks and related building maintenance work orders.
- Provide public information as needed to all citizens.
- Maintain databases which track attendance, usage of, expenses, income, etc for the City parks facilities and provide accurate statistics for review to staff and public officials.
- Order supplies and materials for all Parks & Recreational facilities.
- Develop and execute a distribution plan for the dissemination of information to the public and private sector on the use of all services offered by the Parks & Recreation Department.
- Perform general office duties; pricing and purchasing of supplies, typing, expense reports, check requests, purchase orders and as needed pick up and disseminate mail within the Parks and Facilities Department.
- Interview and hire all pool and seasonal staffing within the Parks & Recreation division.
- Assist facilities staff with monitoring and maintaining the proper level of pool chemicals within state Health Department regulations.
- Secure pricing and the purchase of pool supplies, chemicals, concessions, uniforms, safety gear, cleaning supplies and equipment for use within Parks & Recreation facilities.
- Directly responsible for all licensing and certification of pool lifeguards as required by State Health Department.
- Schedule and manage approximately 10 pool lifeguards on duty during scheduled public access.
- Schedule and facilitate weekly training of pool lifeguards.
- Advertise and promote all summer activities offered at the swimming pool.
- Research and assemble materials for historic displays at N.O. Simmons Park.
- Coordinate, organize and work with 10 -15 private/public organizations.
- Assigns Parks representative to coordinate with other departments to organize the City Employee Christmas Party.
- Clip, organize and archive all newspaper and print articles associated with any Parks and Recreation activities.
- Plans and prepares all Parks & Recreational events.
- Participate in development, implementation and regular evaluation of parks policies and procedures.
- Be on-call after hours and on weekends to answer concerns from the public or arrange repairs for parks equipment and facilities as well as availability during seasonal swimming pool operations.
- Coordinate and assist non-profit organization with use of City facilities.
- Coordinates facilities maintenance with parks and other public works staff.
- Oversees city phone system for all locations.
- Performs such other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of: public speaking technique and telephone etiquette; English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation; letter writing and basic report preparation; basic bookkeeping practices and inventory control techniques.
Skill/Ability to: operate a variety of modern office machines and word processing equipment; must have the ability to maintain complex records and prepare reports accurately; prepare correspondence neatly and professionally; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers; apply correct oral and written English; maintain a calm attitude and accurate work habits during stressful interactions with the public, both in person and over the phone; prioritize and organize various assignments; possess the ability to plan, schedule, and work independently in the absence of specific instructions.
Acceptable Experience and Training
High school graduate or equivalent. Any combination of experience, education, and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities will be considered. Bilingual a plus.
Certificates and Licenses Required
A valid Texas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record will be mandatory with the position due to the use of city vehicles.
How to apply: Download an application here , or
Applications may be obtained from and submitted to Anna Kucera, Human Resources, 2671 San Angelo Street, P.O. Drawer 400, Ingleside, TX 78362, telephone 361-776-2517, or email at HumanResources@inglesidetx.gov. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Do not send resume without an application. Resumes submitted without a City of Ingleside application will not be considered.
The City of Ingleside does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability, in employment or the provision of services.
For More Information: Contact Anna Kucera at 361-776-2517.