Date Posted: 09/18/2015
Close date: Open until filled
Reports To: Municipal Court Judge
Summary of Position
The court clerk is responsible for and involved in the planning, scheduling, and coordinating of the clerical activities of the municipal court. The clerk is responsible for seeing that the court’s papers are accurate, orderly, and complete.
- Reports to the Municipal Judge
- This is a non-supervisory position
- Has frequent contact with the general public, other department employees, legal officials, and law enforcement officers.
- Maintains and updates case files, court records, and 3 receipt books;
- Accepts money and reconciles cash drawer;
- Enters citation information in computer daily and prepares case jackets;
- Composes and prepares correspondence relevant to complaints, citations, and judgments;
- Collects payments and fines, including accepting bonds in lieu of fines on traffic, parking, and other violations and keeps track of credit card payments;
- Sends transcripts to County Courts;
- Performs correct procedural updates and documentation on complaints and warrants;
- Reports traffic convictions to the Texas Department of Public Safety;
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports for city and state agencies;
- Calculates fine and payments;
- Prepares regular mail-outs of notices;
- Advises defendants of their rights in reference to Municipal Court procedures;
- Maintains and updates filing systems, both manual and computerized;
- Facilitates court sessions, including completion of appropriate post-trial documentation;
- Prepares summons, arrest warrants, and other process at the direction of the judge;
- Administers oaths to persons filing complaints before the court;
- Delivers all case documents to county court upon appeal of a case;
- Prepares for jury trial, picks jury and sends all jury notification;
- Schedules cases for trial/pre-trial, and
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
Knowledge of: office practices and procedures, including automated statistical and recordkeeping systems; basic knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping procedures; and automated word processing equipment and software.
Skill/ability to: accurately type at least 50 words per minute; operate standard office machines; perform job duties politely and accurately in stressful situations; apply correct business English; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other city employees, outside agencies, and the general public; and maintain appropriate necessary certifications.
Acceptable Experience And Training
High school graduation, or its equivalent, plus general secretarial work; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position.
Must be able to complete annual Municipal Court Clerk Certification training course.
How to apply: Download an application here , or
Applications may be obtained from and submitted to Human Resources City of Ingleside, 2671 San Angelo Street, P.O. Drawer 400, Ingleside, TX 78362, telephone 361-776-2517, or email at HumanResources@inglesidetx.gov.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Do not send resumes without an application. Resumes submitted without a City of Ingleside application will not be considered.
For More Information: Contact Human Resources Dept. at 361-776-2517.