Notice of General Election for the City of Ingleside on May 5, 2018.
The City of Ingleside, Texas, will hold a General Election on May 5th, 2018. The dated information below refers to that election.
Notice of General Election
Aviso de Election General
PUBLIC NOTICE OF TEST OF AUTOMATIC TABULATING EQUIPMENT AND ELECTRONIC VOTING SYSTEM
AVISO PUBLICO DE PROBAR EL EQUIPO PARA TABULAR ELECTIONICAMENTE
Sample Ballot – City of Ingleside Only
Early Voting and Election Day Schedule
The General Election of Council Members/Mayor whose terms are expiring is scheduled for the first Saturday in May of each year. All elections are held in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas Election Code and in accordance with the City Charter of the City of Ingleside and Ordinance or Resolution adopted by the Council for the conduct of elections. The City Secretary’s Office, as the City’s designated Administrator of Elections, coordinates all City Elections in accordance with the City Charter and Texas Election Code. A calendar of election events for the annual general election elections will be posted on our site as it is available each year; with Candidate Packets available just prior to the beginning of the filing period. Qualifications for Mayor & Council candidates, Voter Registration Forms, and polling location can be viewed at any time online. All special election calendar of events will be posted on our site when applicable.
Qualifications for Mayor & Council Candidates:
- At least 21 years of age.
- A citizen & qualified voter of the State of Texas & the City of Ingleside.
- Shall have resided within the City for at least 12 months immediately prior to the election.
- Neither the Mayor nor any member of the Council shall hold any other office or employment under City Government while a member of the Council nor hold any other paid employment under City Government within two (2) years thereafter unless such employment be an elective office.
- The Mayor and Members of the City Council shall be elected at-large. Such term for Council Members shall be on a two year staggered basis and the Mayor shall also serve for a term of two years. The Mayor and each Council Member shall receive compensation at a rate of twenty-five ($25.00) dollars per meeting with a maximum of fifty ($50.00) dollars per month.
At this time, we are working with the County Elections Administrator to provide a polling location. We will announce as soon as the information is made available to the City.
Early Voting dates are located on the Election Calendar below. For more information, contact the City Secretary, Kimberly Sampson.
Office: (361) 776-2517
2671 San Angelo St., Ingleside, TX 78362
P.O. Drawer 400, Ingleside, TX 78362